Wednesday 30 March 2011

Project: Simplify - Hot Spot #1


I finally finished my first “Hot Spot” for Project Simplify!  The first project was the clothes closet.  I thought, “This should be easy!”  First off, we live in an old house that has tiny closets so it shouldn’t take too long.  Secondly, didn’t I just clean my closet?  Isn’t it actually pretty tidy right now?  Lol!  Oh I was wrong, so wrong.  Yes, it is small; I’d definitely like something with a little walking room.  And it’s true that I did just clean out some maternity clothes that haven’t been worn in close to a year, but what was hiding behind those doors was truly a disaster.  If I wasn’t so proud of the outcome there would be no way I would show the “before” picture, but the “after” picture only looks good when you can see the disaster it was before.  Here it is…

I started by emptying the closet completely.  I didn’t even realize how much stuff was in there until I started taking it out.  Yes, that’s my wedding veil hanging there.  I don’t even know how it ended up in this closet or when.  It’s now gently folded away with my silk scarves and other things I’ll never wear but *sigh* can’t throw away.  Not to worry, though, I did donate, recycle or trash a ton of stuff.  I had a huge purse collection from my teens that I was finally able to let go of and clothes I never wear will now find new appreciative owners.  When I was done it still didn’t look quite right so I headed to Ikea for some new hangers.  It did the trick, and now I can proudly show off my “after” picture for all to see. :o)


3 comments:

  1. Wow, can I hire you to organize my closets? Good job! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am beaming with joy right now!!!!! I love this entry.....Love it. Now when ever I feel overwhelmed I can look at your before and after and remember how good a project done feels.

    ReplyDelete