Saturday 19 March 2011

Project: Simplify — Simple Mom


You might have read in my first post that I'm a bit of a pack rat.  What I didn't say is how I'm working on changing that by clearing out the clutter and getting organized.  Before I had my son, my best friend lived with us and taught me how getting organized can not only save you money but prevent stress too.  She organized my spice cupboard (among other things) and now I can find the spices I need and everything doesn't come falling out onto the counter.  Thanks Candice!!  :o)

I've been trying to get motivated to get the rest of the house organized but most days it feels overwhelming and I don't know where to start.  That's where Project Simplify comes in.  I subscribe to Simple Mom and recently got an email about their 5 weeks plan to attack different hot spots in your home to declutter and organize.  What a great idea!  The project started a couple weeks ago so I've got some catching up to do but figure this is a great way to motivate myself to get cracking on my big goal... a organized house where everything has it's place.  I can almost imagine it.  :o)

I'll post before and after pictures of the completed "Hot Spot".  This should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for hot spot 2....you know who to call when you simply don't want to do it!

    ReplyDelete